It may be obvious to state but as people practice social distancing, avoid unnecessary trips, and brick and mortar stores are forced to close, businesses are feeling the pain of limited foot traffic. How to respond: Get your small business online
Here are the four steps Honeycomb Software recommends.
1. Design a simple website/online shop or enhance an existing one.
Your company’s website is the cornerstone of your online presence. Your small business doesn’t need to have a complex website. You could create a working website in a couple of days.
When you refine your site’s landing pages, be sure they are optimized for Google.
2. Create a profile on Google My Business.
As COVID-19 shuts down businesses, people will turn to the internet to ensure businesses are even open during these uncertain times. By creating a Google My Business account, you can proudly display your business hours, address, photos, and share reviews across Google search and Google Maps.
If you’re already using Google My Business be sure to keep your profile updated. That includes posting a notice about any changes your customers should know about with respect to COVID-19.
3. Engage your customers on social media.
Consumers may be uncertain as to which businesses are impacted by COVID-19 and they’re looking for answers. Some will turn to Google or business websites, but many others will try to find a most recent post on Facebook or Twitter. If consumers can’t find your business on social media, they’re less likely to trust it is still open.
4. Promote your business online
You would be surprised how many people can find your business online with just a few simple tools, but even the best search engine optimization can benefit from some additional traffic. Advertising across search and social media is easy. These platforms are inexpensive but can drive plenty of traffic.
- Google Ads: Reach customers as they search online for your keywords and pay only when interested customers click on your ads! Additionally, you can advertise across Google Maps, Gmail, and YouTube.
- Microsoft Advertising: Expand your reach to the second largest search engine in the United States, with 36% of the desktop market share. Businesses may find more affordable pay-per-click options on Microsoft Advertising than on Google.
- Facebook ads: With over 70% of the US online population utilizing Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger, Facebook ads are the largest opportunity to reach your audience on social media and expand your consumer base.
Honeycomb Software is ready to help you build, modernize, or redesign your website or online store.