If you feel like there isn’t enough tech talent in your local tech hub, or that all programmers out there are too picky when it comes to offers, why not broaden the field of view and look more closely at custom software development services?
This post will introduce you to an emerging tech market with over 200,000 IT professionals and over 1,600 high-level IT companies — in an area with 450 tech schools to train the next-generation workforce. The startups born in this country are famous worldwide, and it’s located right in the heart of Europe.
In this post, we’ll talk about Ukraine — the state of the local IT market and the benefits of outsourcing here.
Benefits of Custom Software Development for SMEs
If you don’t have a ton of experience handling tech projects, you might be new to the concept of outsourcing.
The custom software development company then fully transfers the ownership and intellectual property involved in the project to the client.
The main benefits of the outsourcing development approach are as follows:
By trusting a project to an external vendor, business owners get access to an experienced team, established development practices, new perspectives, and tried-and-true project management strategies.
Reduced labor costs
|Country||Junior software developer salary||Middle software developer salary||Senior software developer salary|
Data provided according to glassdoor.com, ziprecruiter.com, erieri-com, and qubit-labs.com
As you see, there’s a clear wage gap between tech markets in the US, UK, and Germany, versus outsourcing destinations like Poland and Ukraine.
What does this data mean for business owners? It’s a clear proof that outsourcing is an efficient way to cut labor costs by half without compromising the product quality.
No in-house resources required
On the other hand, outsourcing allows business owners to build functional products without investing in an office space at all. Instead, managers rely on offshore custom software development vendors who, in turn, take care of team maintenance and all associated costs.
Outsourcing allows business owners to take risks and work on innovative projects. Even if the product doesn’t perform as expected, there is no need to worry about giving up offices and letting the team go — terminating the contract is all it takes to end collaboration with an outsourcing vendor.
Ukraine Outsourcing Market Overview
After having examined the benefits of outsourcing software development, let’s take a closer look at one of the most affordable and practical hubs for custom software development — Ukraine. In 2020, Gartner, The Global Sourcing Association, The Global Outsourcing Index 100, and other organizations have recognized the country as a force to be reckoned with.
Let’s take a closer look at the state of the IT industry in Ukraine.
|Tech education||Over 450 tech schools and programs|
|Tech infrastructure||Supports over 100 R&D departments over 2,000 startupsMarket has reached over $4.5B in investments|
|Talent pool||Over 120,000 engineers working in more than 1,600 custom software development companies.|
|Top companies||Grammarly, PetCube, Jooble, CleanMyMac|
Ukraine is a booming tech market, full of skilled and ambitious developers who are recognized by international tech giants.
Reasons to Choose Ukraine For Software Development Outsourcing
- Convenient location and time zone — there are direct flights to Ukraine from most EU countries. Located in the GMT+2 time zone, the country has a non-significant time difference with most EU members.
- Affordable developer rates — on average, a Ukrainian developer makes about $30,000/yr, which indicates that Ukraine has some of the most reasonable pricing for software development among all other Eastern European countries.
- Strong work ethics — Ukranian custom software development professionals are famous for taking coding seriously. Striving to go beyond functionality and create products that are scalable and easy to maintain is a defining characteristic of local programmers. That’s why business owners constantly praise local developers on Clutch.co or GoodFirms.
- High English proficiency. Ukraine ranks 49th on the English Proficiency Index — higher than Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela, or Colombia. That’s why, compared to other outsourcing destinations, it’s relatively easy to communicate with local programmers here.
- Wide range of companies — there are over 1,600 IT companies in the country, most of which offer outsourcing services. This type of tech infrastructure gives business owners an opportunity to shortlist vendors and choose the one that meets all the criteria of a top development team.
Ukraine is a top-notch outsourcing destination, famous for affordable developer rates, skilled workforce, and ease of communication. If you are looking for a professional local vendor, reach out to Honeycomb Software. Our company has years of experience developing websites, web, and mobile applications. We have completed hundreds of projects for small-scale and global companies.
Take a look at our portfolio and drop us a message to find out how Honeycomb Software can help bring your project idea to life!